Digital marketing expert Ken Wisnefski shared the following takeaways about the new feature from the retail giant:
- People love free stuff, so giveaways are an extremely effective promotional marketing tool for building brand awareness, generating leads and building an engaged audience on social media.
- Marketers have been able to acquire valuable leads and prospects through creative and targeted contests.
- While brands may lose revenue on the initial scenario, over time, they can build brand loyalty and have more recurring sales.
- Amazon’s streamlining of the giveaway process with tons of real physical items will make it easier than ever for marketers and small businesses to manage and engage this technique with potential leads.
- Amazon’s feature also allows contest hosts to connect their Twitter accounts and exchange entry into the giveaway for a Twitter follow.
- Giveaways are great promotional tool outside of brands, as well; they can help raise awareness for causes, artists, nonprofits and events.
- Despite its initial cost, people looking for a quick and easy path toward notably higher engagement will definitely find it utilizing this tool.